A souffle is a light and tasty dish that is prepared with egg, both the yolk and the whites. It can be either a sweet and savoury dish. The word souffle means to swell or puff up. Most often souffle's are prepared with combination of fruits and are served a tasty dessert.
Today we have a savoury mixed vegetable souffle recipe, that can also be served as a main course dish. The use of vegetables and eggs in the mixed vegetable souffle recipe, make it a healthy dish that is perfect for the entire family. Check out the mixed vegetable souffle recipe, a nutritious dish.
Ingredients for mixed vegetable souffle recipe:
- Vegetables of your choice (for example carrot, beans, bell peppers etc)
- Onion (chopped, not too finely)
- Butter - ¼ cup
- Pepper – 2-3 teaspoons
- Flour - ¼ cup
- Milk- 1 cup
- Cheddar cheese – 1 ' cups (optional)
- 3 egg yolks
- 6 egg whites
- Salt to taste
How to prepare a mixed vegetable souffle?
- Heat a thick pan and melt butter.
- Add flour, salt and pepper to the melted butter and mix well so that there are no lumps in it.
- Slowly add the milk, while continuously stirring. This mixture should become thick.
- Now add the vegetables and onion.
- Take off the pan from heat and add the egg yolks and mix well.
- Beat the egg whites till they are stiff.
- Mix some of the egg white into the vegetable mixture and then fold in the rest of the egg white.
- Pour the entire mixture into a try. Sprinkle with cheese if you want.
- Bake the dish at 325 to 350 degrees for about 40 minutes.
- The resulting souffle must be brown at top, and if you prick a toothpick, it should come out clean.
Hot and savoury mixed vegetable souffle is ready to be savoured. This healthy meal recipe is perfect for a family brunch.